Video Introduction to the Dynamic Network Visualisations
The dynamic visualisations accompany the wider study of this quarrel, presented in my book, The Emergence of Literature in Eighteenth-Century France: The Battle of the School Books (Liverpool: Liverpool University Press, 2023).
This video flags just a few things that we can observe about the Querelle, by viewing it as a dynamic network of texts or people. The video also gives a basic explanation of how to understand these network visualisations, and how to interact with them in Figures 3 and 4 on this website.
Creators of the dynamic and static network visualisations: Marc Sarazin & Gemma Tidman Software used: The statnet suite of packages in 'R', specifically, networkDynamic and ndtv (https://statnet.org/)
ndtv: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ndtv/index.html networkDynamic: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/networkDynamic/index.html
- created on
- container titleThe Emergence of Literature in Eighteenth-Century France: The Battle of the School Books (Manifold)
- copyright statusCC-BY-NC
- creatorGemma Tidman
- creditDynamic visualisations created by Gemma Tidman & Marc Sarazin. Introductory video created by Gemma Tidman.
- publisherLiverpool University Press
- publisher placeLiverpool, UK
- restrictionsAll rights reserved
- rights(c) Gemma Tidman
- rights holderGemma Tidman
- rights territoryWorld
- series titleOxford University Studies in the Enlightenment (Manifold)